Re: A. panduro

Ok here goes.....

I normally keep Panduro pandurini what ever you want to call them.....
in a 10 gallon tank , sometimes i use a 15 gallon tank, depends on what
i have open at the moment.   I use pairs as a set up..... extra females
get murdered once spawning takes place..... never enough hiding spots to
get away from a brooding mom.

Now lets talk about breaking the rules..... minimum tank size to
use..... like i suggested, a 10 gallon for a pair works well..... i have
had them spawn in 5 gallon tank and raise fry in it.  I do believe Zman
uses alot of 5's a spawning tanks..... dont sue me if im wrong....  I
have even on one occasion ( becuase i had alot of them and was curious
what would happen ) seen them spawn in a 2.5 gallon tank.... this was of
course after the female turned her brood coloration in a grow out tank
and was ready to spawn...... wouldnt recommend this size tank to use.
I have also used 20 longs..... but thats a waste of a bigger tank....
even had them spawn in a 55 grow out community tank once......  Boy was
everyone else in that tank running for cover.    These guys get
aggressive once they are in brood mode!!!

Well those are some of my experiences !!

John