Re: Taeniacara candidi

My experiences agree pretty much with what David
wrote. Really soft, acidic (pH less than 5) and
quite warm worked for me. I started out with 5
juveniles, turned out to be 3+2 which soon was
1+2 in a 150-liter tank (40 gal). Heavily planted
but with fairly dim lighting.

When the conditions were right they turned out
to be quite easy to breed. Took care of the spawn
impeccably, no problems wse. I also have friends
who have bred them in more neutral, but still soft
water. My guess is that it has to be to different
populations living under different conditions in
the wild (mine were originally wild caught, of the
red variety if there really is a difference).

Does anyone know of a paper or a source for the
change in Genus to Apistogramma?

/Fredrik