Re: A. diplotaenia

Hi Yvan. great little fish you have there. What color
variety do you have there? I agree with Martha about
A.candidi being very similar to A.diplotaenia. In fact
as far as breeding goes please refer to my account for
breeding A.candidi they are the exact same! My prs
were from Germany and were tank raised fish. I found
the females to be very aggressive towards the male but
in some cases the male may overpower the female so its
a question of dominance. Expect small spawns 60 fry or
so. Excellent mothers. The key is like with the
A.candidi and any riverine dwarf from South America
very clean water, low DOC's. Monitor counductivity and
look for changes over time due to pollution. They need
very clean water low DOC's and presto youll have tons
of babys with parental care. Bada bing Good luck

Dave