Re: sexing juvenile cacatuoides

Hello, I finally worked up my nerve to ask another question everybody knows
the answer to except of course me.  How do I tell the males from the females
when they are still small?  I have one with black ventrals and slightly
lyretail like tail fin extensions but no color yet, the fish is about half an
inch.  Do black ventral always mean female?  When do boys color up?  Thanks
for your patience, Teresa.