Re: sexing juvenile cacatuoides\another newbie chimes in!

Hey Randy,
the lyretail point is well taken. I didn't realize that all lyretailed apistos were the male. I have some Bitaeniatas that according to the book you are supposed to be able to sex at a very young age. Well, they say the female has the rounded tail and the male has the lyretail. I don't know if I just don't want to face reality or what but, I'm having a hard time finding any rounded tails. I also noticed although these fish all come from the same spawn -not mine- some are a lot more developed then others. I mean some look a lot older while others are just small and seem like their not even from the same spawn. I know the guy who I got the fish from and I don't even think he can tell yet. He's kind of new like me. I'm just a little newer. On the brighter side of things my Blue Borellii fry are doing fine and about 1 month old today. And on the 26th of this month my Double Red Agassizii spawned and Mom and the fry are alone in a 30 long. There looks like there is a thousand of them. I owe it all to much help from people on this list. Some in particular but, if I start mentioning names it will be like the academy awards where the stars always forget someone and hurt their feelings.
Oh yeah I also forgot to say Welcome Back Mike. I know you probably don't remember me but, I've been around since March this year. I talked to both Sal and yourself. You guys helped me with some newbie problems in the beginning.

-=JerryB=-
JerryBsApistoWorld
or
JerryBsApistoWorld
(alternate site)
"Life is What happens when your busy making other plans"