Re: Infos on A.nijsseni and A.bitaenita, pls?

----- Original Message -----
From: Arthit Prasartkul <arthitp@ksc.th.com>
To: <apisto@listbox.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 2:18 PM
Subject: Infos on A.nijsseni and A.bitaenita, pls?

> Dear list,
> I have just got 7 medium-sized A.nijsseni and  10 rather-small A.bitaenita
> from the Peru import to Thailand. Could anyone please help me with their
> infos e.g. tank set-up, how to induce them to spawn, distribution in the
> wild, etc. please? I divided them and keep them in 2 tanks; one houses 5
> nijseeni and the other houses a pair of nijsseni and those 10 bitaenita.
> The water is lowered to a pH of about 6.2 by Tetra pH/KH Minus.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Arthit
> (Bangkok, Thailand)
> 38/4 Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok  10110 Thailand
> Tel. (66)1 625 7007

I keep my nijsseni in a long 100 l tank where I lower the pH down to around
5.5 and add som blackwater extract when I want my nijsseni to spawn. in the
summer I also use live food.
To lower the pH I use Tetra pH/KH Minus, I do nothing with the dH and kH
since my tapp water is soft with a dH around 3-4 and kH below 1.

Arild Madsen