From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of Brian Ahmer
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 9:28 PM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: What in the heck!?

Here's a stumper for you.  I have a 75 gallon planted tank.  It has
potting soil under gravel for a substrate, tons of plants, some
cory's, 2 discus, 2 viejita, 4 rams.  I have a Magnum 350 hooked to
it just to circulate the water (no filter media in it).  The water
was tap cut with RO.   The pH never wanted to drop naturally so I
added seachem acid buffer on occasion to keep the pH under 6.5.  All
the fish have been great since I started the tank 6 months ago.  Rams
spawned all the time but babies would disappear.  OK, enough
background...

Two days ago, I opened the Magnum 350 and added a canister of rinsed
Black Diamond carbon.  Today, I came home and all of the fish were
dead except 1 ram and 1 cory.

What's up with that!?
--

Brian Ahmer