Re: blue ram sudden fry death

Hi John sad to hear about your baby rams. From the
information you have given I am going to make an
educated guess. I will say that from the many years of
breeding Dwarfs that your problem is going to be
either improper water conditions or feeding problems
with the fry. I will address the problems in order and
will need some feedback from you to help you further.

1) It is very possible that the water conditions you
have are not adequate. We need to know you water
parameters before we go any further. That?s step one!
What is your DH, pH? I will need those for sure, if
you can get them what is your KH, Conductivity? Giving
us the pH alone will not do. You stated you are using
RO and mixing it with something else please give as
much details as you can. We will start with the water
once we have eliminated that we can proceed. Because
if the conditions are not correct the fry will not
survive. Even though they hatch.

2) Are the fry being given the proper food of the
proper size? Ram fry are very small and bbs is too big
at first. We can talk further about this but we need
to see about your water first.

We can look into many theories but I find we need to
eliminate the most obvious first. From what Ive heard
so far these are the two I think will be most
fruitful.

Dave