RE: Why we use oak leaves instead of maple leaves

Hi bill,
i've always find that nice and cool to see leaves in tanks but never tried
in my display tank for maintenance issues.
Could you send us pictures of your tanks with leaves in? Does anyone have
such pictures?
What kind of inconvenience do you have with them?
Also, why do you boil them before using them: such a treatment would get
read of a lot of tanin and other compounds. I bet the boiling water would be
pretty dark. Are you just willing to get red of microorganisms?
thanks for your lights!
c ya

 Yvan Alleau
712 N.W Kings Blvd
Corvallis, OR 97330
College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences
Oregon State University
office (Burt 222) # 737-3649, to be used wisely!

PLEASE NOTE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:
yalleau@coas.oregonstate.edu

"When you're far from everything, you're getting closer to the essential"