Finally!!

Hello Everyone

For all of you that didnt get a chance to make the OCA this past
weekend, you missed a good time.....  Of course I did something totally
out of character for myself..... NO BLUE GOOP!!!

Well at least there wasnt anythere, so i didnt even have the chance for
a repeat show from my ACA jaunt in 2000!   But i Did get to meet a few
people from this list.... it was really nice to meet Eric and Denise....
even if she did outbid me on that bag of Bartoni.    I also got a chance
to meet and chat with Jerry Brown ( Brownie as Zman so affectionately
calls him), Got to meet Al Younker.... Also got to meet Mike Chappell.
I really enjoyed finally putting a face to the names i see here so
often..... Of course there was No Mike Jacobs... i was disappointed
there that he couldnt come up from sunny florida... also sad that i
didnt get to meet Max Gallade, but did see his picture that he sent to
Don Z.   Nice photos Max..... OH max's Yawning Viejita was an awesome
photo, man i wish i could take pics like you do Max..... maybe
someday!!!    It was always nice to see Kent Sahr again, thanks for the
fish!!   Seeing Zman is always a pleasure.    Don Kinyon made the ride
up..... Saw Dov from the DC area..... good to hear he's getting back
into Westies.... always has some neat and rare fish..   I saw alot of
old friends from Ohio and around the country, did get to make some new
friends....  Once again i had a great time, came home with too many
fish.   Took me awhile to get them put away when i made my 534 mile
drive home monday.  I actually made it home before it started snowing!!
Imagine leaving Cleveland in the morning with 68F temperature and
getting home to have it snow 5 hours later.!!   Brrrr the tundra is here
again.

I did come home with One really awesome fish i have never kept
before..... Bought 8 young juvie Apisto sp Algodon II F1 stock.... hope
i do well with them...   Finally reacquired some nice borelli again,
only been about 4 years since i've kept them....  Both Orange flash and
triple red cacatuoides came home with me, plus a breeding pair of
Mikrogeophagus Altispinosa.
We wont talk about the other stuff i came home with..... Non apistos
from central america and 3 species of shell dwellers .    Yes im still a
bad boy!!!   Cant help myself, love all them little cichlids!!!   Only 8
months till the ACA!!!!   Yeah but whos counting!!

Anyways, I had a great time, speakers were great, people were great,
even the food at that resteraunt was great ( king cut prime rib on sat)
Not even the power outage of friday night hurt things,,,,, i got there 2
hours after it came back on!   I want to say thanks to all the people i
met and it was nice meeting you all, hello again to all my friends i got
to see again...   And that if you couldnt make it this year.... hope to
see you there next year!

Ok I'll shut up now!!

Little John