Re: Pronunciation

  Right, at least that's been my experience. And I don't have much of it. I'm always learning and actually have only been breeding less than a year. One of my fellow apistonuts at the OCA told me (no names mentioned) he was tired of hearing me say I am a new guy because I've a quiet a few spawns.
  With my limited experience I found its some of the simplest things like water changes that make a big difference.
  Back to your pronouncing of cacatuoide...Most I've heard use the kaka-toid but, I've heard the kaka-toidie used also and yes according to the website I gave you the Latin would express the latter of the two. So which ever you like is fine just have fun. And enjoy you caca's<G>

Unfortunately, I only have a batchelor male right now with some other dwarfs and dithers.  If anyone has an extra female or two, I might be interested.  My male has the yellow coloration - no red.

-Jody