RE: A nice problem to have!

This would be a nice tank to have (now where did I put my snorkels)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com [mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com] On Behalf Of Piabinha@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, 16 December 2001 4:17 PM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: A nice problem to have!

In a message dated 12/15/2001 4:54:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, colingorton@visto.com writes:

I have just worked out a deal for a 2,275Litre aquarium, very cheap ($220!).
Now, in a phone conversation with Pete Liptrot, he asked me what I was going to do with it, something which hadn't occurred to me! What do you lot suggest? The dimensions are 3.5x1.0x.65metres

did you mean 6.5 meters?  i can't imagine a 65 meters long fish tank...

my dream tank would be an "amazon" tank with thousands of tetras and characins swimming by, while in the lower regions, there would roam cichlids, gymnotiformes (s. a. knifefishes or electric fishes), catfishes, shrimps, crabs, even aquatic frogs and stingrays; provided they are all of equivalent size or peaceful, so that they wouldn't prey on each other...

now, where's this tank going to be?  i just can't imagine any floor that can sustain that much weight...

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/orchidspecies