Re: What's being sold as Borellii in Bay Area?

Ed,

Without some kind of description it will be hard to say what they are. If you
don't think they are borellii, I suspect that they might be A. sp.
Blue-head/Blaukopf/New Blue/Steel-blue. This fish has been appearing in stores
as A. borellii for about 2 - 3 years now. There are photos of this fish in
Mayland & Bork's book (p. 54) & Römer's atlas (p. 928-933). From past reports
virtually all specimens that come in are males. Most authors that I have read
claim that this is a domestic hybrid.

Mike Wise