Re: Conductivity meter vs. TDS meter

Title: Re: Conductivity meter vs. TDS meter

As far as I understand, they are the exact same thing EXCEPT that they have different scales.  All the meters do is read conductivity and then multiply by a constant to get TDS units.  So if you set it on conductivity, that's what you get.  If you set it on TDS, you get conductivity times a number.

I bought the low end Hanna model (green skinny thing), I think it was called the TDS-1.  It was awful for a bunch of reasons.  Mainly it was incredibly inaccurate and fluctuated all over the place (I have scientific meters in my lab at work, so I knew it was wrong).  I exchanged it for the next model up (black box with a probe on the end of a wire) which was just under $200.  That one is really nice.

Brian Ahmer
ahmer.1@osu.edu
http://www.angelfire.com/or/biggestbri