RE: Conductivity meter vs. TDS meter

Re: Conductivity meter vs. TDS meter ** From: Brian Ahmer
 ** Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 10:14 PM

> As far as I understand, they are the exact same thing EXCEPT that they
>  have different scales.  All the meters do is read conductivity and then
>  multiply by a constant ...

This is correct. A useful page for conversions and calibrations:

http://www.eutechinst.com/techtips/tech-tips12.htm

Also, keep in mind that the measurement of "TDS" as expressed in ppm NaCl
provides easy evaluation of osmotic shifts...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10@mindspring.com