Apisto ID

This apisto has had me guessing its id for months now. This is a pic. when I first rescued it on 14/9/01. It lived for over a year at the local lfs in which time it was kept with Malawi cichlids (various zebs).

http://svavevav.idx.com.au/images/APISTO11.jpg

At this stage I was told it was probably a female borelii. I thought that's fine because male borelli were responably easy to find.

BUT

I noticed today that this apisto has developed a red patch on the caudal peduncle and a blue sheen in its dorsal, it has lost some of the yellow in its pelvic fins and developed a pointy anal fins. It reminds me of a hongsloi.

Here is a pic of it today. It's not great but shows the red patch and the blue sheen in the dorsal.

http://svavevav.idx.com.au/images/mysteryapisto.jpg

What do people think of this? How long does the red take to appear on male hongsloi?

regards

Simon
http://pub39.ezboard.com/bthecichlidtank