RE: "NY" Apisto mystery

"Isn't the male bitaeniata one of the only, if not
> _the_ only, Apisto to have
> diagonal stripes on its anal fin?..."

That's incorrect David. Actually many Apistos have
diagonal stripes on the anal fin. Look in the Aqualog.

Kevin a fool proof way to tell them apart is to look
for abdominal stripes only Cac has them. I do not
usually handle the taxonomy questions but that was an
easy one for me. Good luck Kevin.

--- "David A. Youngker" <nestor10@mindspring.com>