Re: light and fry

Yvan Alleau wrote:

> hi mike,
> i was using a 4W bulb above the tank where i have eggs or young fry.
> Thanks for your tips.
> Does this mean that in general everybody leaves the tanks go in the dark?

I would say that most people I know let their fish room go completely dark. Mine
has a small north facing window. In the summer the sun is already up before the
lights come on and the sun hasn't set before the lights turn off. In the winter
my fish wake up only to the lights on their tanks, since it's still dark at
these times. Still, I haven't seen any noticeable difference in survivable
spawns from one season to another.

> Are the parents still taking care of the eggs (ventilating, cleaning,
> guarding...) while the light is of?

Yes, just like they do in the wild under the dense forest canopy.

> Is there any publication on the subject?

I've never read of any that I can recall.

Mike Wise