From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of Mike & Diane Wise
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 10:29 AM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: N. Taenia

Colin,

Congratulations on your Nannacara taenia. I'm not surprised that you had few
problems with your 'thomasi' (Anomalochromis thomasi, not Nanochromis). It
might be larger than your taenia, but they are not really good at catching
fry.

Mike Wise

Colin Gorton wrote:

> Just to let you know that I've not only got the brood of Taenia that I
thought I'd lost (see N.Taenia egg eating thread) but I discovered another
brood yesterday :-). Same male, different female, all the young are doing
well.
> BTW, a Nanachromis Thomasei got in with the first female and fry and was
there for over 24 hours, I don't think he got a single fry.
> Still on the subject of Taenia, I've seen the female suck the young into
her mouth when they were going somewhere she didn't want them to be and then
spit them out in the right place, is this normal? I've never seen it happen
before with other fish, they just seem to follow their mums about.