Re: page addy nt working

Colin,

I'd bet that you have A. sp. Schwarzkinn/Black-chin. This is what Mike J. has pictured on his web site. They
differ from cacatuoides by having a lateral band that does not extend into the caudal fin. Instead the band ends
in front of a caudal spot. In this respect it is most similar to A. juruensis (see virtually every picture of "A.
juruensis" in the hobby literature). It differs from the true juruensis by the much more extensive black patch on
the lower jaw and chin, a slightly more rounded head, thicker lips, and red to orange lips instead of blue (This
latter feature may not be that reliable. Dark markings are more consistent & reliable ID features.) There are
photos of both Schwarzkinn & juruensis in the Dec. 1999 DATZ that compares the two forms. The Schwarzkinn form
comes from Rio Nanay of Peru while the true juruensis comes from the upper Rio Juruá around Cruzeiro do Sul,
Brazil.