Re: Ram wigglers

Del,

I heat my fish room. It is on my home's central high efficiency hot water
heating system. The room has its own zone and thermostat. I keep the
(insulated) basement room at 79ºF (26ºC). In my fish room the bottom tanks stay
at about 75ºF (24ºC), where I keep my grow-out tanks; the upper tier of
breeding tanks stay at 79ºF, ideal for breeding apistos. I use separate
aquarium heaters if some tank needs to be warmer. Another nice thing about my
heating system is that it also heats my home's hot water supply. I don't have a
separate water heater, only a holding tank. This system heats water so fast
that I have continuous hot water. I've changed 200 gallons (750 L) of aquarium
water in one hour without it cooling off. It isn't cheap (~$8000 for the system
and hot water tank), but it heats my house (2000 sq. ft/180 sq. m) and provides
an uninterrupted supply of hot water - even for my teenagers who believe in
half-hour showers!

Yes, the list members trade fish, but trading is not done on the list itself.
It's done privately, person to person. Let the list only know what you have and
let the members contact you privately. You can also ask if someone has certain
species for sale/trade, too.

Mike Wise