Re: Tank mate / Artificial hatching questions...

Thanks Mike.  I actually looked at the wonderful pics
on your site, and my male is nearly identical to the
A. agassizii 'red-gold' you have pictured on Page 1.

Another simple newbie-type question -- The only free
tank that I could house this pair in is a standard
10G with a well cycled sponge filter, a few plant
cuttings and a thin layer of flourite (I have been
planing to rear fry in this tank, but the eggs never
make it!).  I could add some flower pots and PVC to
increase the hiding spots.  Would this be of
sufficent size for this pair?

Also, the water in the 60G tank and the 10G is tap
water with a KH of 3-4 and GH of 5-6.  Compressed CO2
in the 60G brings down the pH to ~6.8.  The pH in the
10G is probably 7.1 or so, but haven't checked
lately.  Should I add some acid buffer or DIY CO2 to
lower the pH, or will the pair be able to breed under
the existing conditions in the 10G?  And, if they do
breed, should I pull the male out after the eggs are
laid?

TIA
-Tony