Re: neon agassizi? &weird wild cacs

Rich,

  I don't know if you live near Northeast Philly or not but, I have 4 pair of
the Wilds that sound just like what you are talking about. The store I know
that has them happen to get them from a guy I know.

  They are one of the most interesting Apistos I've seen so far. I've only
really been seriously into the dwarfs for about a year but, as for natural
characteristics they are great.

  No, they don't have all the pretty colors that we are use to seeing in our
Tank raised fish. But, if you had them at home and just watch their activity
it's a blast. Yes, I'm talking real Wild Cacatuoides(AKA cockatoo) when they
go after black worms or anything else, They Go After it. After having them in
the Aquarium for a couple days they start to color up. Some yellow in some
faces and belly.

  I just had my first grandbaby fish today. It was a triple red cacatuoides.
A real classic looking type. I intend to Use the male in this case to breed
with the Wild. The male is young enough that the offspring from that hatch
can be breed back.

  Hopefully I will end up with a colored up version what your use to but,
only with some of the original qualities in tact.

  I'm certainly not a scientist but, I love my fish and I like the
exploration part. Well, as far as my fishroom is concerned. Don't think
you'll see me in a river in Peru up to my waist in water and mud.
                                                            Jerry