Re: mineral uptake

  Yes, I always ponder both ends of the discussion. Of course when a person
whom you know is up on a subject then you even stop and think a little
longer.

  Where did he learn that and how did he come to that conclusion?
I see Mikes side based on their natural habitat but, I also understand Zacks
side based on some reports that the Apistos actually do better in many cases
being captive bred. There have been reports of larger size and just better
appearance from what I've heard.

  So what is it? Is it the water or the food or both? Just something to
experiment with. I think that's the fun part of the hobby. Learning new
things and meeting new people and hearing new ideas.

                                                    JerryB