From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of JerrCarol@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 6:31 PM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: mineral uptake

  Well, okay it was my message Mike was answering but, yes I was going with
what I heard too. And yes it did seem logical but, one thing wrong with
that.

  My breeding technique....hehe...I even call it a technique now. Well,
anyhow what Zman taught me about the breeding process was mainly breeding
according to where the fish come from. Most of the SA dwarfs come from water
that doesn't have any mineral content like we know it or at least that's my
understanding. And apparently they are raising their own fry in that water
so
another point of logic might be that they must be getting it some place else
which would support the food idea. Right?
  I believe Discus come from some of the same water too right?
                                                Just some thoughts
                                                        JerryB