Re: Shallow Tanks, was Agassizii breeding assistance needed

Yes, the FTFFA still has them....they have a 20 gallon (actually 23) breeder a
30 gallon (actually 33) and a 40 gallon actually (44gallon) breeder tank.  I've
got 2-3 of each....nice tanks!!!!  Shipping might be a "bear" for people
though......from Florida?  Jeeze.....it might cost 60$ a tank!!!

Mike

Mike

> I have something even shallower. The Florida Tropical Fish Farmers'
Association used
> to do their own tanks. They had two different units, a 22 breeder and a 40
breeder. The 40

> was a standard footprint. The 22 is 34x18x10. Looks kind of odd to anyone who
is used to
> seeing tanks, but it definitely has the surface area. The FTFFA may still
have them, you
> can check their web site www.ftffa.com.
>
>  Jon
>
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 10:23:25AM -0700, Mike & Diane Wise wrote:
> > Bill,
> >
> > I don't know if they make them anymore. I bought my 6 over 20 years ago.
They came with
> > sliding metal & screen top that I had to cut off. These were mostly
considered "for pet
> > store use only". Now most manufacturers feel it's cheaper to make one style
of glass box

> > (aquarium) for all. I know that there are some herp tanks that are
specifically designed

> > for small reptiles & amphibians, but most are tall, not wide.
> >
> > I like the ones that I have because they a wide 'footprint'. Since most
apistos in the
wild
> > are found in water between 4-8" (10-20 cm) deep, any extra depth is a waste
of space. If

> > money was no object, I would replace all my 15 & 20L tanks with 30 gallon
breeders.
These
> > tanks are 36x18x12"high (90x45x30cm high). These have the largest foot
print per gallon
> > normally available and can be stacked 4 high on most aquarium racks. They
are available
> > from many major American aquarium manufacturers, usually as a special
order. The reason
we
> > don't see them offered that often is because the cost the same as a 40
breeder tank.
Most