Re: Evolution in a microcosm

That is correct Greg. We are evolving (evolution basically means change) a
given species when we selectively breed. We are just putting an intelligence
to a process that naturally occurs and breeding for specific traits that we
like, rather than what makes for the most fit specimen. However, we have to
be careful when wording this. We are changing this species to fit our
fancies, but it is all still change within the species, we haven't created a
new species. At least I don't think so. What's the latest definition of
species? It's gotten a bit vague in recent times.

Zack Wilson
Enjoying my day off.