Re: Peat vs. Sphagnum moss??

Steve Hatfield or Kim Rogers-Hatfield wrote:

> Peat is sphagnum moss that has been decomposed for years

Not quite Steve,

I know what you meant, but that's not what you said. Peat is any vegetation
that has partially decomposed in an aquatic environment. Its pH and water
softening ability varies with the vegetation that it's made from. Sphagnum
peat is peat made from sphagnum moss. This is the one we apistophiles &
killinuts covet. Sorry, just feeling nit picky ;-)

Mike Wise