Re: Lockjaw in dwarf cichlids (was: Re: Borelli female issue)

In a message dated 4/22/2002 7:07:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ocarroll@acm.org writes:

Or maybe on a freshly deceased or euthanized fish you could practice
pushing the jaw back into place without fear of causing the fish further
pain and suffering by the operation; if you succeed you could possibly
save the next fish.

Frank O'Carroll
apisto list admin

Yes, I kind of agree if indeed it is actually an out of join jaw as opposed to something broken or torn. I mentioned to Greg also off list that, that would be my thought if I were sure the previous statement wasn't true. This way next time if it doesn't work this time at least you have had a learning experience with the fish. And I always look at the fry and think they are here to carry on where Mom left off.
                                                                   Jerry