Trifasciata/Cutting terra cotta pots

Thanks, John.

I find trifasciata very beautiful, too.  So I really wanted
the trio to spawn for me.  When the offspring grow up, I
will try to let them find their own mates.

I think you are right about a naturally formed pair having a
stronger bond.  I often hear the same thing about angelfish
pairs.  I recently broke up a reverse trio of  cacatuoides.
The female seems to be on strike now.  She is not interested
in the prettier but smaller male I chose.  It does not help
to have a previous mate gawking and displaying at her from a
tank 8 inches away.

As for terra cotta pots, I always had mine turned upside
down and not sideway in order to give them some privacy (or
so I thought.)  Of course, I cannot see what is going on
inside the pot this way.  Now I am seriously considering a
switch to laying flower pots sideway, if a sideway pot works
just as well as an upside down one.  Are apistos not
bothered by having their bed room open to public?

Tomoko

.