Re: Fish ID

Well, I want to thank everyone who has looked at the photos and offered an
opinion. I went through Romer's key last night(twice) and it presented the
fish as either A. steindachneri or A. macmasteri. However, I also went through
every photo and drawing, and from I can see, it is VERY similar to the fish
on page 737, A. rupununi. So, is this a possible match? The tail is slightly
lyrate, with trailers.
As far as size ofthe fish, it is comparable to the older male A. cacatuoides. In
the photos, it is the one with solid orange fins. He is slightly over 4cm SL.

Thanks again,
	Jon

P.S.
	What is the consensus on the name A. sp 'Cara Pintada' ? I have some
that just brought fry out and was wondering if there is any more information on
them? Romer doesn't list them, nor A. sp 'Masken' which I understand was a synonym
for them. Mike W., any ideas?

Yesterday I wrote:
->Hi all. I am looking for some help identifying a fish. The store had them
->listed as 'Dwarf Cockatoos', but it doesn't look like my other cacatuoides.
->The photos are at http://blox.dropship.org/~jon/photos/aquaria. It is the blue
 ->gray fish that is in the catch cup. Images 55 through 60. If anyone has any ideas as
->to what it is, please let me know. The images behind the thumbnails are rather large,
->but I wanted to get them up and find out what it is.
->

--
Jon Wright
Jon.Wright@DropShip.org