Re: Reconditioning driftwood

I tried using driftwood before which I got along the banks of a river. Yes, a river in Philly. I came across a Big cichlid guy who sells the stuff. You actually have to cure it with a brine solution before using it to kill any bad stuff in the wood. Then you need to weight it down sometimes for days. You must keep changing water. And guess what sometimes some of it will never stay down on it's own. That's why they charge so much for that stuff when you buy it in the LFS.