From: "Andrew Lester" <atlester@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <Carrie@aquariumdriftwood.com>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 1:46 PM
Subject: My driftwood order

 Carrie,

 The new pieces of driftwood you sent me two weeks ago are excellent!
 My only problem is they float.  When I first received them I put them
 in a bucket of water. But i could not tell they were floating since
 the sides of the bucket were holding them up.  Now I've had them in
 my 120G aquarium for a week and they are still floating. What do you
 suggest I do?

Andrew,
  The wood had to have dried out.  There is no way to re-waterlog the wood
once it has dried out.  The only option to use the wood is to weight it down
( slate ) or glue it .

Thanks"

To me this is unacceptable. First as I describe in my e-mail my wood was in buckets of water so it never completely dried out. Secondly, those "rolley polley" bugs are terrestrial meaning some of the wood wasn't submerged when collected. Lastly, I can't see why wood that was water logged enough to sink a week ago isn't a week later. I suggest you e-mail Carrie at Aquarium Driftwood <Carrie@aquariumdriftwood.com> so she realizes that this mine is not an isolated problem. Now that I spent $100 for "aquarium" driftwood that is now completely useless. Maybe they will do the right thing and offer to replace it or refund our money.

--
Andrew Lester   atlester@tampabay.rr.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the apistogramma mailing list, apisto@listbox.com. For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help, email apisto-request@listbox.com. apisto-digest@listbox.com also available. Web archives at http://lists.thekrib.com/apisto