Re: elizabethae

I also believe this may be due to there need for a
constant and stable counductivity. As we all know in
nature the counductivity is very stable from day to
day it will hardly vary. In contrast a closed system
aquarium is very diffrent the values increase as
biological waste accumulates in the system. I have
found for me that daily water changes more closely
matches what we find in nature and produces healthy
robust fast growing healthy fish. I think what may
happen is that we overfeed, crowd and then when a
water change is done the counductivty has changed
dramiticly and we shock the poor fish. I do agree
small water changes will solve this as well,however,
I beleive that the key is that we maintain a constant
level counductivity. As we can see there are many ways
to achieve this depending on what we want to
accomplish. For me I have found when we do good hearty
water changes often we get stronger more robust fish,
especialy when we are talking about riverine species.

Dave Sanchez