Re: juvie rams breeding in grow out tank

Sounds like your fish are okay but, I wouldn't be surprised it the eggs are eaten. Possibly even by the one who laid them. I've had them breed quite young too but, either the eggs were bad or they just weren't ready to be mommies yet so they ate the eggs. I don't mind letting them eat a spawn or two because I would rather have my fish stay with the fry if possible for the first couple weeks. Sometimes you do have to pull them but, in this case if they do not let the hatch go all the way. You might consider finding them their own place they will breed again in due time and right conditions of course.
                                                       JerryB