Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 5:16 PM
Subject: Re: Apistogramma moae

  I thought I was the only kid on the block with Moae. I only have a couple pairs and they are promised out already so please. I spawned some from a wild caught pair from a guy out of Minnesota gee I forget his name plus I don't want to advertise either. Mine does look exactly like the one in Romer Atlas I was so happy to see my Moae in there. The parents died after taking them away from the fry. I know this might sound nuts but, I kind of feel like they got depressed by being taken away from the fry. They were in good shape when I took them away they just seem to go down hill. Well, anyhow  I can't seem to find my old notes but, I kind of remember it being similar to breeding a Borellii soft water but, I don't remember the pH which I really  don't concern myself with but I don't remember it having to go down low like a Macmasteri or Viejita. hope this helps a little but, you know Mr. Soares is more experienced then I so I would go with his info.
                                                             JerryB