Re: Apistogramma moae

Just because a bag says it is X does not mean it really is. I bought a bag labeled "moae," and it was labeled such with good intentions, I know. But as the male grew up and as I photographed it, I compared it's distinguishing features, and I found that it really was eunotus. For instance, A. eunotus has a noticeably longer dorsal trailer than moae. Mine developed the longer trailer -- drat!

It wasn't the first time that what I thought I bought turned out to be different. I feel we should verify what we buy once they grow up.

--Randy