Re: frequent spawning

Grzegorz,

There is no study on apisto breeding & longevity. My personal experience is
that my apistos females live about 50% than those in Uwe Römer's longevity
experiment. His females were constantly breeding. Mine I breed only 3 - 4 times
each year (I separate the males from the females after spawning). My feeling is
that spawning & raising fry causes more stress than simply eating & swimming.
Stress tends to "age" everyone by making us more susceptible to diseases, etc.

Mike Wise