Re: cacs with attitudes

Ah, the joys of cichlid keeping. Your forms of cacatuoides are acting quite
natural. Obviously they are of about equal size & strength. I don't think that
wild caught fish are any more aggressive than domestically raised apistos. In a
tank your size, suitably aquascaped, I doubt that you will see anything worse
that tail slapping. The males' sparring is more ritualistic than anything else.
Rarely do males come to actual blows. Before that happens the weaker male will
disappear into the weeds. Sit back and enjoy the show. I would only separate
them if one starts shredding the fins of the other.

Mike Wise