Re: Apistogramma species Bolivia

Bill,

I remember the subject coming in without any text.

I've never heard of the Goldmouth Apisto. Where
did you find a reference to it? Any photos
available? Heiko is a fish generalist. His new
apistos are often not new at all so I can't be
sure if it's something that hasn't already been
seen. I will admit that very few apistos are known
from Bolivia. So something new would not surprise
me. A new species from the Rio Beni, A. sp. Beni,
looks something like A. sp. Tucuruí, but the spots
are much much larger & form stripes across the
flanks.

BTW did anyone get my reply to the request for
phylogeny information? I sent it last week but
don't recall seeing on the list.

Mike Wise

Mike Wise

William Vannerson wrote:

>  I'm beginning to wonder if the message i send
> out a few days ago (see below) even made it to
> the list!  Not a word from anybody.  Does that
> mean no one has heard of
> don't recall hearing of this one before.  It's a
> "new" fish (maybe), discovered by Heiko.  He
> also refers to at as the "Goldmouth Apisto."
> Sound familiar? Bill Vannerson
> McHenry, IL
> http://vannerson.home.att.net/ Bill Vannerson
> McHenry, IL