Re: A.bitaeniata

In a message dated 7/15/2002 1:46:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, apistowise@fgn.net writes:

Pictures that I've seen of A. bitaeniata from the Rio Nanay & Rio Ampiyacu are
of the same basic Peruvian form. I doubt that you will get really red forms
from there. I've not heard of A. bitaeniata occurring in the Rio Pastaza, or
any part of the Rio Marañon system for that matter. This is farther south than
any reported occurrence for A. bitaeniata. Which one you get is up to you.

Mike,
I've seen a couple website of people who are getting fish from Julio Melgar I believe and they are advertising a New bitaeniata "Rio Pastaza."

I myself have what they call Peru blue but, the one they call the Pastaza looks different. Kind of neat. I guess because it's a new look.

                                                              JerryB