Re: Maulbruter fry!

Yes Max,
I re-did one of my tanks (20 long). I took out all of
the water and gravel. Replaced with sand, and pure
rain water. The 1st thing the female did was dig. And
I mean all over the place. Around plants, rocks,
just...everywhere! They spawned the next day after i
moved them. After the spawn, she created a huge pile
in front of the cave entrance ( I have pics of about
everything), and then began to beat the snot out of
the male. I removed him for his own safety. I'm going
to re-do another tank for the diplos, and see if sand
helps them along as well. They did spawn once, but no
fry ever appeared.

Rich