Re: Difficult females

In a message dated 7/25/2002 3:24:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tomokoschum@knology.net writes:

Do you feed bbs to your juvenile and adult apistos regardless of the presence of young fry?

Sure do. I figure if they can fit it in their mouth then more power to them.
They seem to do well. Plus if I can leave the parents with the fry and just provide them with the food and water then they know more about taking care of the babies then I do.
My bare bottom tanks look messy with a lot of junk on the bottom. I use to try to clean it up with a coffee filter over a siphon but, that would take forever. People like my mother-in-law will say why is that tank so messy. I know longer let her in my fishroom.<G> A wise old apisto breeder once told me "don't worry about the crap on the bottom." When they get big enough I can do a better cleaning.
As long as I can take water off the top and replace with nice clean water I can still keep the TDS down. I also wipe the sides down gently before siphoning.
                                                                   Jerry