Re: stubborn pairs

Mike,

That thought had not crossed my mind, as none of them have spawned for 2 monthes and all the females of all the species are in spawning colouration and the males are displaying. they just wont spawn???

coby

From: Mike & Diane Wise <apistowise@fgn.net>
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: stubborn pairs
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:02:14 -0600

Have you ever thought that your fish are telling you that they need a short
rest? Both A. borellii & trifasciata come from the southern end of the apisto
range. They experience seasonal changes similar to Florida (A. borellii have
been collected at temperatures in the 40ºF (5ºC) range). In these locations they
are seasonal spawners. Then, many cichlids stop spawning for a month or 2 after
several successive spawns. They just need time to recuperate.

Mike Wise

------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the apistogramma mailing list, apisto@listbox.com. For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help, email apisto-request@listbox.com. apisto-digest@listbox.com also available. Web archives at http://lists.thekrib.com/apisto Trading at http://blox.dropship.org/mailman/listinfo/apisto_trader