Re: Fluke tabs

At 05:19 PM 8/20/2002, Z-man wrote:
most articles say that when the excess LIVE BBS is left uneaten it supplies food for the dormant cysts? or whatever to activate the Hydra.

My theory is that hydra keeps emerging because most aquarists eradicate only the living animals but not their cysts. I assume that this is what happens when using fluke tabs -- it treats the current symptoms but doesn't really eliminate the foothold of the pests, and eventually they come back. When I mean business on these pests, I bleach the tank and give the plants a bath in potassium permanganate. It's a lot more work, but the removal of hydra seems to be more permanent.

--Randy

------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the apistogramma mailing list, apisto@listbox.com. For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help, email apisto-request@listbox.com. apisto-digest@listbox.com also available. Web archives at http://lists.thekrib.com/apisto Trading at http://blox.dropship.org/mailman/listinfo/apisto_trader