Re: Re: Problem with Aggie

Kean,
PH still has meaning even in RO water. By using RO water you are using water with a GH (general hardness) close to zero. PH is not directly effected by using an RO unit. My RO water is around 8.0 so I still need to buffer it to the pH that I want. The KH (carbonate hardness) also goes down when using RO water. KH is a measure of the buffering capacity of the water. So with a lower KH (buffering capacity) the RO water may have a lower pH than your tap water, but it may not be lower. Because of the lower KH you have to be careful when adding buffer to RO water, it doesn't take much to change the pH!

Eric