Re: Wild Caught Fish

This is a very interesting point I hear.

Go ahead and buy only domestically raised fish
(although I've seen them come in with problems,
too).

My experiences with fish from Europe both Germany and
from Central Europe are from from that. I have never
received fish that were diseased or even close to it.
In fact I found them to be the hardiest Apistos I ve
ever had. Speaking with breeders overseas I hear of
them talk of breeding disease resistance as well as
positive behaviors and coloration. I have been deeply
impressed with such fish and I have lines from these
imports going today. Now I do know we can get fish
from our local fish auctions, conventions etc and they
are and can be sick diseased etc. I will also say I am
sure there are not so good exporters out there too
from Europe however my 3 plus years of bringing in
fish from overseas i have yet to see this. So to me it
is very foreign to hear such things. I know there are
a few importers of such fish out there on the list,
what do you think? Have such fish been disease prone?

Dave Sanchez