Re: quarantine

In a message dated 10/15/2002 12:01:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, BigJohnW@webtv.net writes:

Ok..... stupid question here, does anyone ever quarantine new plants??
I dont, but think i really should, shouldnt I ???

John

Hey John,
  Ya know John, after thinking about what Mike said about quarantine for fish I thought well, most of the time I do what you do also, as far as Mikes description of his quarantine tank well that sounds exactly the same as my breeding tanks. Only thing is if they are being quarantined they would have probably been on their second spawn by time the quarantine period ended. As far as plants are concerned I heard they should also be dealt with in a way as to make sure they don't bring anything into you tank. I once heard having a tank made up with something like methyl blue in it and allowing the plant some time in that tank to make sure any problems it might have are dead. There are some other things I heard about plants too but, can't remember right now. I'm sure we will hear all the other ideas out there.

Jerry*B*