Re: Water Filter

Thanks, Mike.  I noticed that serious RO units go down to 0.5 microns, but I wasn't sure what was really necessary.

-Jody
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: Water Filter

Jody,

Nearly all dissolved compounds are much smaller than 2 microns. You need to get down to the angstrom level before dissolved compounds are removed. Such a filter will remove many parasites but won't affect your TDS or DOCs.

Mike Wise

Jody Johnson wrote:

Would a water filter that goes down to 2 microns be much use for purposes of reducing TDS or DOCs?  My tap water is about 150ppm.  Thanks -Jody