Re: ID please

Alex,

Your vague description can match about 25 - 30
different forms. They could be cacatuoides. Could
the males be too young to have developed extended
dorsal fin lappets? I'd suggest that you go to
www.thekrib.com & look at the dwarf cichlid
section that discusses how to describe an apisto.
Get as much information as you can & then get back
to us.

Female Rams can have extended anterior dorsal
spines nearly as long as the males. It depends on
the age, strain, and condition of the female.

Mike Wise